FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
ONE LUCKY SUPERNATURAL FAN GETS THE RIDE OF THEIR LIVES,
WINNING ONE OF THE SHOW’S SIGNATURE IMPALAS
AT SUPERNATURAL’S FINAL COMIC-CON PANEL
Twitter Pitch: One lucky fan wins replica of the Winchester Impala and gets the ride of a lifetime at the epic @cw_spn #Comic-Con panel: https://bit.ly/2XMknrd #WBSDCC #SDCC2019 #Supernatural
SAN DIEGO and BURBANK, Calif. (July 21, 2019) — While Supernatural stars and producers recounted stories of “the road so far” in the long-running hit drama’s final Comic-Con appearance in a packed Hall H on Sunday, one lucky fan will be looking at “the road ahead” after winning a fully restored 1967 Chevy Impala — Sam and Dean Winchester’s signature car for the life of the show’s 15 seasons. The surprise announcement was made toward the end of the show’s panel session, following an epic tribute video to the beloved iconic car narrated by Supernatural’s own Jim Beaver.
- Series stars Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles announced the giveaway and selected the lucky winner, Laura Dittrich of Grants Pass, Oregon, during Supernatural’s panel session in Hall H at Comic-Con today.
- Photos of the winner and Supernatural cast at the show’s final panel session will be available here later today: https://wbproductions.box.com/s/9tjtof1wczgn8z3meier5a659m9sdl4k
- One of the few constants in the 15 years of Supernatural has been the Winchesters’ signature black 1967 Chevrolet Impala. With a 327 Engine and Four Barrel Carburetor, the vehicle, affectionately known as “Baby” by Dean Winchester, has a number of Winchester enhancements, such as a weapons cache in the trunk, Devil’s Trap warding and more. Originally purchased secondhand by a young John Winchester (Sam & Dean’s father) in 1973, the car has been with the Winchesters ever since. The radio and cassette player only play classic rock.
SUPERNATURAL Impala Restoration: One lucky fan at SUPERNATURAL’s Comic-Con panel on Sunday, July 21, 2019, in Hall H won a fully restored 1967 Chevrolet Impala — Sam and Dean Winchester’s signature car for the life of the show’s 15 seasons. The Impala given away at Comic-Con was brought to life by restoration expert Rick Blevins alongside Don & Michael Welsh for “The Shop” in the heart of Kansas. Matching the specs of the original Hero #1 Impala, including everything from an Audiovox Cassette Player radio, the tuck and roll interior, a 454 Big Block engine with a 400 turbo transmission, this is the car of a lifetime — and every Supernatural fan’s dream. There’s even a hidden weapons box and a Devil’s Trap on the trunk interior! Sadly, the Winchester weapons, including Ruby’s demon knife and the Colt, are not included… (Photo Credit: © 2019 Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved.)
- The Impala given away on Sunday was brought to life by restoration expert Rick Blevins alongside Don & Michael Welsh for “The Shop” in the heart of Kansas. Matching the specs of the original Hero #1 Impala, including everything from an Audiovox Cassette Player radio, the tuck and roll interior, a 454 Big Block engine with a 400 turbo transmission, this is the car of a lifetime — and every Supernatural fan’s dream. There’s even a hidden weapons box and a Devil’s Trap on the trunk interior! Sadly, the Winchester weapons, including Ruby’s demon knife and the Colt, are not included…
SUPERNATURAL Impala 1:64 Miniature Replica: Fans entering the SUPERNATURAL session on Sunday, July 21, 2019, in Hall H at Comic-Con were each given a 1:64 scale replica of the Impala Sport Sedan as seen in the show to commemorate the long-running hit drama’s final panel session at SDCC. The miniatures from Greenlight Collectibles (6,500 in all!) feature a metal chassis, rubber tires, chrome accents and true-to-scale detail. The scale replica is available via Warner Bros. Consumer Products at Hot Topic stores. (Photo Credit: © 2019 Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved.)
- Fans entering the session in Hall H were each given a 1:64 scale replica of the Impala Sport Sedan to commemorate the show’s final panel session at Comic-Con San Diego. The miniatures from GreenLight Collectibles (6,500 in all!) feature a metal chassis, rubber tires, chrome accents and true-to-scale detail.
- Supernatural’s final panel session in Hall H was once again moderated by recurring fan-favorite Supernatural guest stars Rob Benedict and Richard Speight Jr. The session included series stars Jensen Ackles, Jared Padalecki, Misha Collins and Alexander Calvert, along with executive producers Robert Singer, Andrew Dabb, Eugenie Ross-Leming, Brad Buckner and Bob Berens.
- Supernatural returns for its 15th and final season on Thursday, October 10, at 8/7c on The CW. Created by Eric Kripke, the series is executive produced by Andrew Dabb, Robert Singer, Brad Buckner & Eugenie Ross-Leming, and Bob Berens. Supernatural is from Kripke Enterprises, Inc. in association with Warner Bros. Television. Own the Complete Fourteenth Season of Supernatural available now on iTunes. Blu-RayTM & DVD available on September 10. Pre-order now!
For additional info on the Studio’s activities during Comic-Con, and for real-time updates during the convention, please follow @warnerbrostv on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook — official hashtag #WBSDCC — and visit https://comiccon.thewb.com.
About GreenLight Collectibles
GreenLight Collectibles is a premier manufacturer and marketer of authentic die-cast vehicle replicas, scale figures and other automotive-related products. GreenLight replicas are produced under various themes in 1:18, 1:24, 1:43 and 1:64 scales and are officially licensed by the world’s premier automotive and entertainment companies, including General Motors, Ford Motor Company, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, Volkswagen AG, Nissan North America, Airstream, Fleetwood, Goodyear, Bridgestone Brands LLC, Michelin Tires, BF Goodrich Tires, Sumitomo Rubber Industries, Ltd., Winnebago Industries, NYC & Co., California Highway Patrol, ABC Television Network, Warner Bros., Carroll Shelby, Paramount Studios, Sony Pictures, Sony Television, Lionsgate, AMC, NBC/Universal, CBS, Stephen J. Cannell Productions, Twentieth Century Fox, Terminator, Eleanor Licensing LLC, United States Postal Service, United Parcel Service, Elvis Presley Enterprises, The Steve McQueen Foundation, Gone in 60 Seconds, Eleanor Licensing LLC, Gulf Oil, Gulf Oil International, Ltd., Pennzoil, Bardahl, Turtle Wax, Marvel Mystery Oil, Chevron/Texaco, STP Oil, PURE Oil & Firebird Racing Gasoline, Gold Eagle Co., Graveyard Carz, BIGFOOT 4×4, Inc., Mecum Auctions, Barrett-Jackson, Brock Racing Enterprises, The Topps Company and the NTT IndyCar Series.
About Warner Bros. Consumer Products
Warner Bros. Consumer Products (WBCP), a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, extends the Studio’s powerful portfolio of entertainment brands and franchises into the lives of fans around the world. WBCP partners with best-in-class licensees globally on an award-winning range of toys, fashion, home décor, and publishing inspired by franchises and properties such as DC, J.K. Rowling’s Wizarding World, Looney Tunes and Hanna-Barbera. The division’s successful global themed entertainment business includes groundbreaking experiences such as The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi. With innovative global licensing and merchandising programs, retail initiatives, promotional partnerships and themed experiences, WBCP is one of the leading licensing and retail merchandising organizations in the world.
# # #
(818) 954-7741, email@example.com
(818) 954-5062, firstname.lastname@example.org
(818) 954-4556, email@example.com