FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
BATWOMAN AND PENNYWORTH OPEN DOORS AT COMIC-CON®
AS THIS YEAR’S OFFICIAL KEYCARDS
HBO’s WATCHMEN ALSO TO UNLOCK MYSTERIES
Twitter Pitch: Opening doors is what they’re all about! @warnerbrostv series @PennyworthEpix, @CWBatwoman & HBO’s @watchmen are this year’s official hotel keycards at @Comic_Con: https://bit.ly/2FDvdF0 #WBSDCC #SDCC2019 @DCComics
BURBANK, Calif. (July 1, 2019) — Legendary caped crusader Batman celebrates his 80th Anniversary this year, and paying tribute to this milestone, Warner Bros. Television Group (WBTVG) will feature two highly anticipated upcoming Bat-related DC dramas — The CW’s Batwoman and EPIX original series Pennyworth — on the official hotel keycards of Comic-Con 2019. In addition to WBTVG producing keys for Batwoman and Pennyworth, HBO will also release an exclusive Watchmen keycard that will be available to fans at SDCC.
For an advance look at the Batwoman and Pennyworth keycard designs, please click here: https://wbproductions.box.com/s/gkr6hmsv5ojfg2q5janc1vz9svifwox2
With more than 40,000 branded room keys available at nearly 40 participating major hotels throughout the San Diego area during Comic-Con, fans will find doors opening all over the city thanks to the Wayne family fortune — and a group of outlaw superheroes.
- Pennyworth premieres Sunday, July 28, at 9/8c on EPIX. Executive produced by Bruno Heller (Gotham, The Mentalist) and Danny Cannon (Gotham, CSI series), the one-hour drama from Warner Horizon Scripted Television is an origin story that follows Alfred Pennyworth (Jack Bannon), a former British SAS soldier who forms a security company in 1960s London and goes to work with Thomas Wayne (Ben Aldridge), Bruce Wayne’s billionaire father.
- Batwoman premieres Sunday, October 6, at 8/7c on The CW. From Warner Bros. Television and executive producers Greg Berlanti (Arrow, The Flash), Caroline Dries (The Vampire Diaries, Smallville), Geoff Johns (Wonder Woman, Aquaman) and Sarah Schechter (Supergirl, Black Lightning), the latest series in Berlanti Productions’ DCTV Arrow-verse follows Kate Kane (Ruby Rose), a highly trained street fighter who soars onto the streets of Gotham as Batwoman.
- Watchmen debuts in fall 2019 on HBO. Set in an alternate history where “superheroes” are treated as outlaws, this drama series from executive producer Damon Lindelof embraces the nostalgia of the original groundbreaking graphic novel of the same name while attempting to break new ground of its own. Watchmen is produced for HBO by White Rabbit in association with Warner Bros. Television, with executive producer/writer Damon Lindelof, executive producer/director Nicole Kassell, executive producer Tom Spezialy, executive producer/director Stephen Williams and executive producer Joseph Iberti. The series is based on the graphic novel co-created and illustrated by Dave Gibbons and published by DC.
# # #
(818) 954-5062, email@example.com
(818) 954-4556, firstname.lastname@example.org
(818) 954-1985, email@example.com
(818) 954-4359, firstname.lastname@example.org
(818) 954-7741, email@example.com
(212) 512-1631, Angela.Tarantino@hbo.com