FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CLASSIC ROCK LEGENDS KANSAS MAKE A SURPRISE APPEARANCE
AT SUPERNATURAL’S HALL H COMIC-CON PANEL
PERFORMING THEIR TIMELESS HIT
“CARRY ON WAYWARD SON”
Twitter Pitch: Carry on, Winchester fans! @KansasBand gives a surprise performance at @cw_spn’s epic #Comic-Con panel: http://bit.ly/2gLTGOa #WBSDCC
SAN DIEGO and BURBANK, Calif. (July 23, 2017) — “Carry on my wayward son. There’ll be peace when you are done. Lay your weary head to rest. Don’t you cry no more…” Legendary classic rock band KANSAS made a surprise appearance at Comic-Con: International San Diego introducing Supernatural’s packed Hall H panel on Sunday with an epic performance of their legendary single “Carry On Wayward Son,” which serves as the de facto theme song for the Winchester Brothers and Supernatural fans worldwide.
· Supernatural’s annual Comic-Con panel in Hall H started with a custom video recorded by stars Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles as their characters, Sam and Dean Winchester. The humorous tribute to Supernatural fans was immediately followed by a surprise live performance by KANSAS, accompanied by a 12-season video retrospective of the hit show projected on giant, high-resolution screens surrounding the perimeter of the massive hall. Once the band finished their iconic song, panel moderators (and recurring fan-favorite Supernatural guest stars) Rob Benedict and Richard Speight Jr. took the stage to introduce series stars Ackles, Padalecki and Misha Collins, along with executive producers Robert Singer and Andrew Dabb.
· First used by Supernatural in the opening montage of the season one finale in 2006, “Carry On Wayward Son” has since been used in every season finale episode that depicts “The Road So Far” (i.e. the Winchesters’ wayward journey). The song was also used as the centerpiece of the series’ 200th episode (in which an all-girls high school performs “Supernatural: The Musical!”).
· A vintage live concert performance of the band’s 1976 song can be found here: http://vevo.ly/SmBjRU
· Supernatural returns for its 13th season on Thursday, October 12, in its new time period (8/7c) on The CW. Created by Eric Kripke, the series is executive produced by Andrew Dabb, Robert Singer, Phil Sgriccia, Brad Buckner & Eugenie Ross-Leming. Supernatural is from Kripke Enterprises, Inc. in association with Warner Bros. Television. Own the Complete Twelfth Season of Supernatural available now on iTunes. Blu-RayTM & DVD available on September 5. Pre-order now!
For additional info on the Studio’s plans for Comic-Con and for real-time updates during the convention, please follow us on Twitter at @warnerbrostv — official hashtag #WBSDCC — and visit http://comiccon.thewb.com.
With a legendary career spanning more than four decades, KANSAS has firmly established itself as one of America’s iconic of classic rock bands. This “garage band” from Topeka released their debut album in 1974 after being discovered by Wally Gold, who worked for Don Kirshner, and have gone on to sell more than 30 million albums worldwide. Composing a catalogue that includes fifteen studio albums and five live albums, KANSAS has produced eight gold albums, three sextuple-Platinum albums (Leftoverture, Point of Know Return, Best of KANSAS), one platinum live album (Two for the Show), and two one million-selling gold singles, “Carry On Wayward Son” and “Dust in the Wind.” KANSAS appeared on the Billboard charts for over 200 weeks throughout the ‘70s and ‘80s and played to sold-out arenas and stadiums throughout North America, Europe and Japan. “Carry On Wayward Son” continues to be one of the top five most played songs on classic rock radio, and “Dust In the Wind” has been played on the radio more than three million times! 2016 marked the release of their fifteenth studio album, The Prelude Implicit, the band’s first studio album release in 16 years. The band, which is currently comprised of original drummer Phil Ehart, bassist/vocalist Billy Greer, keyboardist David Manion, vocalist/keyboardist Ronnie Platt, violinist/guitarist David Ragsdale, guitarist Zak Rizvi and original guitarist Richard Williams, continue to perform in front of large and enthusiastic audiences around the world. Along with touring, KANSAS continues to remain a fixture of Classic Rock radio and has reached a whole new audience through their unmistakable presence on the popular video games Rock Band and Guitar Hero, and their songs’ inclusion on television shows such as Supernatural and South Park, as well as films Old School and Anchorman.
For more information, please visit www.kansasband.com
# # #
(818) 954-4855, email@example.com
(818) 9547741, firstname.lastname@example.org