THUNDERCATS SWORD OF OMENS SWEEPSTAKES
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MANY WILL ENTER, FEW WILL WIN.
The ThunderCats Sword of Omens Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes) is intended for participation at the 2011 Comic-Con International Event (“Event”) at the San Diego Convention Center in San Diego, California only. By entering the Sweepstakes, participants agree to accept and be bound by all terms of these Official Rules and Regulations and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding.
1. ELIGIBILITY. The Sweepstakes is open to registered Event attendees who are: (i) legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia and (ii) eighteen (18) years of age or older on the date of entry. The following are ineligible: employees, their spouses and immediate families (parent, child, sibling, and any of their respective spouses) and household members (whether or not related) of The Cartoon Network, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Arch Marketing Solutions (“Administrator”), Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc., Time Warner Inc., and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, trustees, franchisees, participating vendors, distributors, cable affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and affiliated entities (collectively, including Sponsor and Administrator, the “Sweepstakes Entities”).
The Sweepstakes is governed by U.S. law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants (and their parent/ legal guardian if participant is a minor, as defined by participant’s state of residence) agree to accept and be bound by all terms of these Official Rules and Regulations (“Official Rules”). Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. HOW TO ENTER: The Sweepstakes begins at the time of the Warner Bros. Booth opening on the convention floor at the Event on July 21, 2011, until one hour prior to the time the Warner Bros. Booth closes on July 24, 2011 (“Entry Period”). To enter the Sweepstakes, participants must visit the Warner Bros. Booth at the Event during the Entry Period and have the designated Warner. Bros. Booth attendant scan participant’s Event badge.
To be eligible, entries must be submitted and received within the Entry Period. The designated Warner. Bros. Booth attendant is the official time keeper. No other methods of entry will be accepted. LIMIT: one (1) entry per person/ Event badge. Multiple entries received in violation of the above entry limitation, false or deceptive acts or entries, or entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or by any other means that subvert the entry process will be void, will render a participant ineligible and also may result in participant no longer being allowed to enter Sponsor’s sweepstakes, contests or other promotions in the future, at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Entries must be submitted in the name of an eligible living individual and prizes will be awarded to the eligible living individual whose name is on or corresponds to the Event badge. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
The Sweepstakes Entities and their respective employees, officers, directors, representatives and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties) are not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network, cable, satellite, Internet service provider, telephone, telephone lines or other connections, pre-emptions, blackouts or any other non-controllable acts or incorrect, incomplete, misdirected, undelivered, lost, late, garbled or stolen registrations/ Event badges or computer transmissions or other errors or problems of any kind which may limit or affect a person’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes. In the event of sabotage, acts of God, terrorism, computer virus, worm, bug or other events or causes which corrupt or undermine the integrity, administration, security or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancelation, termination, or modification, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to award the prizes from among all non-suspect eligible entries received up to the time of such action.
3. HOW TO WIN; ODDS OF WINNING. MANY WILL ENTER, FEW WILL WIN. On or around July 29, 2011, one (1) potential winner (when verified by the Administrator, as set forth below, the “Winner”) will be randomly selected by Administrator, an independent judging agency, from among all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. The odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
The potential Winner will be notified by phone, email or mail, must meet all eligibility requirements, and must submit a fully completed prize acceptance package consisting of an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release (except where prohibited by law) or a Prize Acceptance Form, and any other required documents (collectively, the “Winner Documents”), signed and notarized, offline by facsimile, mail or traceable courier as outlined in the supplied instructions, to Administrator for Administrator’s receipt within three (3) days of date of the Administrator’s notification of his/her status as a potential Winner. If a potential Winner (i) cannot be contacted, (ii) fails to sign and return the Winner Documents within the required time period, (iii) declines a prize, or (iv) fails to comply with any of the Official Rules as outlined herein, such potential Winner will be disqualified, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential Winner will be selected by alternate random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Administrator will conduct up to three (3) alternate random drawings after which the prize will be deemed unclaimed and will not be awarded. Once verified, Winner should receive his/her prize within four (4) weeks.
The decisions of Sponsor and Administrator in all matters regarding the Sweepstakes are final and binding.
4. PRIZE. One (1) Winner will receive a replica ThunderCats Sword of Omens, with an approximate retail value of Five Hundred Ninety-Nine Dollars ($599.00).
No substitution or transfer of prize or cash redemptions permitted by Winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize(s) (or a portion thereof) with a prize(s) of comparable value in the event the prize(s) described herein (or a portion thereof) is not available for any reason. Winner is responsible for payment of any applicable local, state and/or federal taxes in connection with acceptance of the Prize. Winner will receive an IRS 1099 form and will be required to sign documents acknowledging acceptance of the Prize.
5. GENERAL. By participating in this Sweepstakes and accepting the prize, Winner grants the Sweepstakes Entities the right, unless prohibited by law, to use the Winner’s name, voice, picture and likeness, without further compensation, notification or approval, for the purpose of advertising, promotion and/or publicizing the goods and services of the Sweepstakes Entities and/or such designees and/or in connection with all matters related to the Sweepstakes, in any manner or medium, throughout the world in perpetuity.
The Released Parties expressly disclaim any responsibility and entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties and their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents, from and against any and all claims, actions, demands and/or liability for injury, damage or loss to any person or property relating to or arising in connection with participation in this Sweepstakes (regardless of the cause of such injury or loss), the delivery and/or subsequent use or misuse of any of the prizes awarded and/or printing, distribution or production errors. ENTRANTS acknowledge that prize IS awarded “as is” and that Sponsor haS not made, and is not in any manner responsible or liable for any representation, guarantee or warranty, expressed or implied, in law or in fact, relative to any prize, including, but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
6. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrants agree that (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Fulton County, Georgia; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages, and any other damages other than for actual out of pocket expense and any and all rights to have damages multiplies or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or entrants’ and/or Sponsor’s rights and obligations in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Georgia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Georgia.
7. OFFICIAL RULES OR WINNER’S NAME: For a copy of these Official Rules or the Winner’s Name (which should be available on or about August 30, 2011), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (residents of VT need not include return postage for rules requests) to the following address: (please specify “Official Rules” or “Winner”) ThunderCats Sword of Omens Comic-Con Sweepstakes, 1050 Techwood Drive NW, EXE0302a, Atlanta, Georgia 30318. All requests must be received by November 30, 2011.
SPONSORED BY: The Cartoon Network, Inc., 1050 Techwood Drive, Atlanta, GA 30318